The Newburyport Literary Festival will take place April 26, 27 (in-person, Newburyport, MA) and 28 (virtual). The festival typically presents approximately 80 authors of recently published books. All authors who are invited to participate will be featured in a panel or solo session; the Festival does not feature authors for book signings only. The Festival is dedicated to author events and does not include space for exhibitors.
- Please read through our requirements carefully before completing the submission form below.
- Submissions must be received between September 1, 2023 and February 15, 2024.
- You may be asked to provide an advanced reader copy or published copy of your book for consideration.
- If accepted, you will be asked to provide a headshot and an author bio for the festival website.
- The Festival does not pay an honorarium but we will assist with travel and accommodation.
- We welcome authors from all backgrounds, ethnicities and genders.
What types of books ARE considered?The Newburyport Literary Festival will consider all submissions that meet our guidelines. We strive to present a diverse and thoughtful mix of excellent writers in the following genres:
- Fiction – including all genres such as mystery, thriller, science fiction etc.
- Nonfiction – including history, biography, memoir, essay, and other nonfiction topics that encourage respectful discussion on a variety of topics and ideas
- Graphic Novels
- YA literature