The Newburyport Literary Festival will take place in Newburyport, MA on April 28 – 30, 2023. The festival typically presents approximately 80 authors of recently published books. All authors who are invited to participate will be featured in a panel or solo session; the Festival does not feature authors for book signings only. The Festival is dedicated to author events and does not include space for exhibitors.
- Please read through our requirements carefully before completing the submission form below.
- Submissions must be received between September 1, 2022 and February 15, 2023.
- You may be asked to provide an advanced reader copy or published copy of your book for consideration.
- If accepted, you will be asked to provide a headshot and an author bio for the festival website.
- The Festival does not pay an honorarium but we will assist with travel and accommodation.
- We welcome authors from all backgrounds, ethnicities and genders.
What types of books ARE considered?
The Newburyport Literary Festival will consider all submissions that meet our guidelines. We strive to present a diverse and thoughtful mix of excellent writers in the following genres:
- Fiction – including all genres such as mystery, thriller, science fiction etc.
- Nonfiction – including history, biography, memoir, essay, and other nonfiction topics that encourage respectful discussion on a variety of topics and ideas
- Graphic Novels
- YA literature
What types of books ARE NOT considered?
The Newburyport Literary Festival focuses on the promotion of literature and literary culture; books on the topics of self-improvement, how to/instructional books including cook books, devotionals or those solely of academic or religious interest will not be considered. The Festival does not include events for young children. We also do not accept self published books with the exception of local (Newburyport/New England) history.
Who decides which authors are invited?
Decisions will be made by the Newburyport Literary Festival Programming committee comprised of authors, publishing and book professionals, as well as members of the local community. Our goal is to create a diverse and robust festival with a blend of genres, age ranges, and interests. The Festival reserves the right to accept or reject any submission at its sole discretion. All decisions are final.